When you just want to keep things simple...here’s a quick little go to food inspo. Let us do the hard work for you! This recipe is so easy...you can enjoy a coldie while you pop a few ingredients together and still wow your family with this flavoursome burger bomb! (PS...I might have stolen Craig’s special burger sauce recipe)
- From The Favourites Hamper... Garlic and Herb Burger Patties
- Olive Oil
- Good quality melting cheese such as Cheddar or Gruyere
- Burger Buns
- Sliced favourite Burger Toppers – Pickles, Tomatoes, Avocado, Beetroot, Red Onion, Lettuce Leaves
- Craig’s Special Burger Sauce
- ½ cup Mayo
- ¼ cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup chopped Gherkin Pickles
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- (if you like a spice kick add in a few drops of Tabasco Sauce to taste)
- For Craig’s special sauce...place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Slice your favourite Burger Toppers and serve on a platter ready for your people to choose how they’d like to assemble their Burger.
- Heat a non stick frying pan, griddle pan or BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Brush the Patties with a little Olive Oil and cook for a few minutes on each side - until cooked to your liking. Also, brush your burger buns with a little Olive Oil and toast, then set aside.
- Heat your oven grill to high, put a slice of cheese on top of the cooked Pattie and place under the grill until melted and bubbling.
- (Beau’s in my ear right now saying...”Mum, you forgot the egg! You can’t have a great burger without a fried egg!!” So ok...if you want the fried egg, now’s the time to cook it!)
- All that’s left to do is top up your glass, call the troops and stand back while they create their 'Ultimate Maranoa Beef Burger!'